Here's the title of a posting to a computer-related discussion list on the Internet:
High School Student Pursing Carrer
Which only can mean ...
- Parsing: working out the meaning of a text, for instance Chaucer's "The Parson's Tale".
- Pursing (1): what a purser does on a ship, handling paperwork and entertainment.
- Pursing (2): making women's purses, like a glover makes gloves, but with lots more room.
- Pursing (3): sticking out one's lips, purselike.
- Pursuing: chasing something that recedes into the distance.
Thus, pursing or pursuing (or even Parsoning) a goal or status such as ...
- Carrere: Tia Carrere, an actress.
- Carrera: Asia Carrera, another actress.
- Carrier: a common carrier, like FedEx, but more common, i.e., they lost your purse.
- Career: an out-of-control common plunge, as when you throw your purse off a bridge.
- Carrer: a caring person (or Purser on a common carrier);
one who cares better than he spells.
We send our good wishes in the pursing of carrer, and even to pursuing career or careers, however distant; but not to extend to spelling reform.